Home Forums Motor Talk Looking for info on a part on the throttle linkage.

Tagged: ,

• Looking for info on a part on the throttle linkage.

Jeremy updated 1 month ago 4 Members · 6 Posts
  • Jason

March 8, 2021 at 9:51 am
    2 Parapoints

I’m short a part and don’t really even know what its called. Its the tiny brass piece that secures the throttle cable into the arm that open the butterfly valve. In the picture it’s the brass piece right behind the barrel nut. If anyone can tell me what it’s called and where to find one I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

• Bill

March 8, 2021 at 9:31 pm
    7 Parapoints

I like that throttle linkage.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Bill. Reason: I was incorrect about the part I suggested
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Bill.
  • Josh Perry

March 8, 2021 at 10:01 pm
    363 Parapoints

That’s a great question and I wish I knew the answer. Does your motor manufacturer have an exploded parts diagram that might say? Otherwise I would check with a bicycle shop.

• Jason

March 9, 2021 at 11:23 am
    2 Parapoints

Mystery solved, PPG People. I found the part for sale at Sky Sports USA. It does NOT have a name that accurately reflects its purpose, which is probably why it was such a pain to find. It’s called a “Carb Insert” which really could be one of dozens of things. The link to the part is below in case anyone happens to need one in the future.

Fly safe, my friends.

https://skysportsusa.net/throttle-cable-barrel-lock-and-carb-insert-vittorazi/

• Josh Perry

March 10, 2021 at 7:50 pm
    363 Parapoints

That is good to know! Thanks for the update @Jason !!

• Jeremy

March 12, 2021 at 5:57 pm
    0 Parapoints

It’s called an “adjustable cable lock barrel clamp”. Amazon sells them and most any lawn mower shop should have them

Glad you were able to find one.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Jeremy.
Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 posts

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now