Bad Apples / Hodges Field PPG Fly In 2020
FLY-IN POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!
Driving it’s a little under 2½ hours or 144 miles from the center of Atlanta I75/I20 junction, and just over 3½ hours / 190 miles from downtown Panama City, FL.
Rules for the Bad Apples / Hodges Field PPG Fly In
Requirements; Participants must:
- sign a waiver before flying
- attend a pilot briefing before flying
- wear a wristband on at all times
- keep the runway clear (remove unused equipment from the field promptly after the flight and only set up immediately before launching)
- familiarize themselves with the airspace and local conditions
- yield right of way to landing pilots
- keep all pets on a leash
- ensure pets use the appropriate area for relieving themselves and immediately clean up any “accidents”
- register as a pilot if vendor
- fly commensurate with skill level.
Limitations; Participants must NOT:
- harass wildlife or people
- fly low over people, buildings or animals
- perform demonstration flights without prior arrangement with staff
- perform group training or first solo flights
- keep all equipment, tents, vehicles, and people behind the flight line unless directly involved in flight operations.
Vendors: Free unless flying, then same as pilot
T-Shirts: $15 short sleeves, $20 long sleeves, +2$ for 2XL and larger sizes, must be purchased in advance
Camping: First come, first served. no reservations possible. Payment will be made directly to Hodges Field or fly-in staff on arrival.
RVs: $20/night (Water and power hookups)
Tents: $10/night Includes use of showers and restroom facilities.
A. We want to make it clear that every experience level is welcome and we have no desire to make a lot of rules. However, we expect it to be a very busy flight-line and pilots with less experience may at times find it very challenging and overwhelming. While we don’t have a minimum flight experience requirement, we do expect that, for safety, less experienced pilots limit their flight-line activities during busy times and coordinate all their activities with guidance from other, more experienced pilots. The community in this sport is very helpful and if you need assistance, let those around you know – you’ll end up with a lot more friends than when you arrived!Q. I’m planning on attending and would like a T-shirt but I won’t be flying. The registration page is asking for the pilot name. What should I put in there?
A. Create the order including only the T-shirt(s) you want and simply put your name as the pilot. We just wanted to be clear that we would not be shipping any T-shirts.
For more information and to register, please visit www.badappleshodgesfieldflyin.com
No attendee found! Be the first one to book!