Bad Apples / Hodges Field Fly-In 2021
Pilots: $50 pre registration, $60 at the door.
Vendors: Free unless flying, then same as pilot
T-Shirts: $15 short sleeves, $20 long sleeves, +2$ for 2XL and larger sizes, must be purchased in advance
Camping: First come, first served. no reservations possible. Payment will be made directly to Hodges Field or fly-in staff on arrival.
RVs: $20/night (Water and power hookups)
Tents: $10/night Includes use of showers and restroom facilities.
Hodges Field is located about 7 miles north east of Americus, Georgia and about 3½ miles north east of Jimmy Carter Regional Airport.
Driving it’s a little under 2½ hours or 144 miles from the center of Atlanta I75/I20 junction, and just over 3½ hours / 190 miles from downtown Panama City, FL.
Requirements; Participants must:
- sign a waiver before flying
- attend pilot briefing before flying
wear a wristband on at all times
- keep the runway clear (remove unused equipment from the field promptly after the flight and only set up immediately before launching)
- familiarize themselves with the airspace and local conditions
- yield right of way to landing pilots
- keep all pets on a leash
- ensure pets use appropriate area for relieving themselves and immediately clean up any “accidents”
- register as pilot if vendor
- fly commensurate with skill level.
Limitations; Participants must NOT:
- harass wildlife or people
- fly low over people, buildings or animals
- perform demonstration flights without prior arrangement with staff
- perform group training or first solo flights
- keep all equipment, tents, vehicles, and people behind the flight line unless directly involved in flight operations.
Terms and Conditions:
If the event is cancelled due to events beyond our control, the decision to issue full or partial refunds will be made based on the timing of and reason for the cancellation.
We don’t retain any credit card info.
We store email address, names, pilot names and phone numbers on a locally secured server to confirm the purchases and to provide a communication path to the pilots. We will not sell or otherwise distribute to any third parties except as legally required by law or court order.
This website is secured by encrypting the data between your browser and the server storing our website, while the credit card data is secured directly by our processing provider. Standard and reasonable precautions are taken to ensure that the limited amount of data we store doesn’t end up in the wrong hands but we are not liable for damages caused by hacking or other malicious attempts to obtain data by outside third parties.
We don’t ship anything. If you want a T-shirt but can’t attend, ask a pilot buddy to bring it back with him or her, or make other arrangements to have it sent.
We reserve the right to refuse entry to the fly-in and property to anyone.